Friday, July 4, 2014

Fresh-Cut Friday July



Hello my little patriotic peeps! 



Welcome to July's Fresh-Cut Friday! 

This month I really wanted something patriotic but still elegant. 
Not to country. 



As you may know... finding the blue and white in this house is no problem. 
I just needed to add the red roses and red napkins for that patriotic touch.


Since I hardly ever use use our soup tureen I thought I would start with that.
I wish I would have thought to pick up a small bundle of flags to stick in the middle. 
Wouldn't that have been cute?!


I first put a big bunch of lemon leaves in the bowl and used the stems as a frog
of sorts for the carnations and roses. It worked pretty well.


Just so you know the all the roses and carnations are currently on sale at Safeway. 
These are perfect for the 4th of July. They are called Freedom. 
Isn't that cool? I saw them and knew they would be just what I needed for my table.
The carnations are so amazingly fragrant. I had forgotten how wonderful they 
can smell. Kind of cinnamon-ee. They fill the whole room.
Unfortunately, the roses have very little fragrance.


The dishes are all pretty common and easy to find. 
Blue Danube. Even though they are no longer made. I have found them at TJ Maxx and Homegoods over the years, as well as antique stores. The little dessert plates are from Moda Home
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that they have been discontinued. 
If anyone knows where you can get them let me know. 
I would like to buy a couple more of the dinner plates. 
The glasses are from Walmart (many years ago)
and the silverware is my mom's old set. No stamp.


So that is my little contribution to FCF. I need to pack a little picnic for hubby and
I. We're going to see fireworks tonight. 

On a side note: 
As you celebrate tonight, don't forget to remember WHAT we celebrate: 
 Liberty and the Freedom to Pursue our Dreams

I'll Be joining:






12 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Your table looks very pretty and the flowers are gorgeous for your special holiday today. I hope you have a wonderful July 4th. Pamela

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your table looks beautiful, Liz! I'm loving the gingham bordered plates on top of your Blue Danube The centerpiece is stunning! Happy 4th of July and enjoy your picnic.

Poppy said...

Hi Liz,

You've set such a pretty, patriotic table, with the beautiful roses and carnations to complement the lovely dinnerware and glasses! Your chairs look very comfortable and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful dinner today!

Thanks for hosting and Happy 4th!

Poppy

Decor To Adore said...

A perfect way to celebrate the day! Happy 4th to you!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Beautiful patriotic flower arrangement! Love your soup tureen. Happy 4th of July!

Sarah said...

Liz, your table is perfect! I've long admired those cute plates with the gingham borders with flowers and flags. Never have come across any for sale though.
Thanks for hosting. Hope you and your hubby have a fun evening watching the fire works.
Happy 4th of July!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Happy Fourth, Liz! I Love your table. It is perfect! The floral arrangement is great, and I love the sweet little patriotic salad plates!

GREAT table for the holiday.

THanks for hosting!

xo,
RJ

Julie's Lifestyle said...

You have such a pretty table set up for the 4th of July! I just love how nice it looks are roses are always beautiful. Have a wonderful 4th of July and weekend.
Julie
Julie's LIfestyle

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I'm always inspired by your table settings Liz.
Blue Danube is a favourite of mine too and those blue glasses are lovely.
The beautiful flowers complete the picture perfectly!

Many thankyous for hosting!
All my American friends were in my thoughts on the 4th!

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

What a lovely table! We did not go all out as you for the holiday! I did see many flower arrangements at my local Wegmans with the red white and blue colors. Hope you had a great holiday!!

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Liz, your table is beautiful! I love those salad plates and would love to find some too. I have a quilt that I made that has a very similar motif in the fabric. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann